Makes approx. 70, depending on size
225g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g caster sugar
Pinch sea salt
125g butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
250g quality dark chocolate, melted
22g gelatine leaves, soaked in cold water until softened
5g vanilla extract
- To make the shortbread, place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Process just until the mixture comes together into a ball of dough. Wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Roll out dough to 3mm thick. Use a 5cm cookie cutter to cut out approx. 70 rounds. Place rounds on greased baking trays. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to cool.
- To make marshmallow, place water and sugar in a pot and bring to the boil. Stir until sugar dissolves then boil rapidly for 2-3 minutes to make a syrup. Squeeze excess water from softened gelatine then add gelatine to the pot. Transfer mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer. Add vanilla and beat for around 10 minutes or until the mixture has cooled and is very thick and fluffy.
- Place mixture in a piping bag. Pipe peaked puffs of marshmallow on top of each cookie.
- To chocolate coat, dip marshmallow end first into melted chocolate, flip over and remove with a fork. Shake off excess chocolate and place on baking paper. Leave at room temperature for at least 30 minutes for chocolate to set.